Threads and Processes helps in concurrent execution of any application. Article lists out some basic points to compare Threads vs Processes
- an architectural construct : can affect the architecture of an application.
- processes are independend execution units
- they have their own state, address space
- use interprocess communication to communicate between threads
- coding construct : doesn’t affect the architecture.
- a single process might contain multiple threds
- all threds within a process share process’s address space and state
- threads can communicate with each other directly