In continuation to our Salesforce tutorial series, we are back with out next article on Force.com. It is a popular platform to create and develop applications run on clouds.
- Introduction to Cloud Computing (Salesforce.com and Force.com)
- Overview of Database Concepts (Salesforce.com)
The force.com is widely used for managing business processes, generating online reports, searching as well as auto data backup. You can develop custom apps which can have mobile functionality with secure platform.
All apps developed through Force.com are data-centric and collaborative. The architecture of these apps may refer to following features:
- A Multitenant Architecture: All users share the same infrastructure and the same version of the Force.com platform. Google Apps, Amazon are some of the example of multi-tenant architecture app.
- A Metadata-Driven Development Model: The basic functionality of application is in the form of links, tabs, or forms. These forms of functionalities are defined as metadata in the databases instead of hard-coded in any programming language.
- APIs:A set of inbuilt API’s is integrated with Force.com platform.These API’s can be categorized as REST API, SOAP API, and METADATA API etc. Developer can edit some data contents of API to develop a version of more customized application.
- Apex : Apex, is a programming language which is specifically designed to process and manage the data within Force.com platform. The syntax of Apex is similar to Java.
- AppExchange: com supports online application marketplace which works for third-party applications. Some of the applications are available for free, but some of them are paid as yearly or monthly. The “AppExchange” is a place where customers can search for cloud consulting partners like “Bluewolf, Cloudreach
- Mobile Access : User can access Force.com data through their mobiles by using Salesforce and Salesforce Mobile Classic app which can access all standard sales object, all custom objects and some standard service objects. User can download versions of these apps after installing on mobile devices. The native functionality of the Force.com can be available on mobile. User can access and update their data via an interface. Salesforce is supported by Apple, Android, iPhone, iPad etc.
- Custom User Interface : com has Visualforce framework which allows user to create user interface according to their need. Visualforce supports standard HTML, java script, Flash or any other scripting language which is executed within HTML. In the end of 2016 Salesforce launches a new user interface which makes the salesforce component dynamic as well as light weighted. The Lightning Experience is still being continuously developed and improved.
3.2 Understanding of Standard Objects
Force.com uses objects to store data. The objects are Standard objects or custom objects. Standards objects are objects included with Salesforce.com, by default, for example the objects used to store data like accounts, contacts, or opportunities. The objects are mostly categorized in to two main categories
- Sales Cloud
- Service cloud
1. Sales Cloud View of com/Force.com
Sales cloud consists of objects like Campaigns, Leads, Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities, Forecasts, Contracts, Orders, Cases, Solutions etc.
2. Service Cloud View of Salesforce.com/Force.com
Service cloud consists of the objects like Accounts, Contacts, Cases, Solutions and Reports etc. To know detail about objects please visit Introduction to Cloud Computing (Salesforce.com and Force.com)
3.3 Standard Object Flow (SAAS)
3.4 Creation of a Free Developer account:
Force.com allows to try the platform for free. You can create developer account using any of the links below
Please follow the above link to create the free account on Salesforce.